Monday, August 6, 2012

Long Lost Son

My son and I took dad to the "tumor board" today.  It was a bunch of doctors who examined him and then decided what to do with him.  After the exam, we were asked to sit in a waiting room for an hour and a half. Since we had gotten up at six (instead of ten) dad and Hamad were exhausted and fell sound asleep.  A large African American man came in and indicated that he needed to get by me.  I thought he was just looking for a seat, so I hoped up and took the seat by Hamad.  That stopped the man in his tracks.  He wasn't looking for a seat, he though Hamad was his son who had run away two years ago.  He was about to give Hamad the biggest hug of his life.  Hamad says that he learned today that if you fall asleep in public, you may end up in the arms of a large black man.

No comments:

Post a Comment