Wednesday, November 21, 2012

How Many Shopping Days Do We Need?

I went to the grocery store this morning and I took a few extra minutes to think about anything that we might need for tomorrow too.  I did this because A) when I was a kid all the stores were closed on Thanksgiving, and B) because who wants to go shopping on Thanksgiving?

Unfortunately, those of us who think it's okay to close a business for a day so everyone can hang out with their families, seem to be in the minority.  When I asked the clerk about it this morning she said, "It's all about instant gratification."  I asked her about her gratification and, not surprisingly, she'd be gratified not to have to work on Thanksgiving.

Remember people, with a little planning, we can go days at a time without buying anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment