Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Homeless Boyfriends

The boys always like to tease me about my homeless boyfriends.  The only men who seem to have any interest in me at all, all seem to be homeless.  There's Johnny on 2nd Street who played me a song on his guitar and asked me out.  There's Carlo at the pier, who is handsome and quite pleasant.  There was the paraplegic guy from outside of Trader Joe's.  Momo says it's the perfect setup... they don't have a home and I do.  In the olden days men were attracted to me based on more than I look like I have regular showers.

This morning on my walk down to the beach, a homeless guy called out, "Ola, bonita muchacha."  I think that literally this translates into something like, "Hello, little beauty a lot."  Come to think of it, the muchacha may have been an afterthought, kind of to negate the "little" part.  Figuratively translated, I think it means, "Hey Mama," but not the way the boys at the house mean it.  The standing on the street corner fishing kind of hey mama.

When I was a teenager, I was getting hey mama-ed by a small group of cholos and decided to go over and see if they ever catch anyone that way.  They admitted that it wasn't working very well/at all.

Ah men.  They're everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment