Thursday, October 25, 2012

Hasid or Hipster or What do I know from...

There's this site called Hasid or Hipster where you can go and try to guess if the pictures are of the Hasadim or if the photo is just of a hipster.  Before I make a fool of myself, please note that these are pictures taken in New York.

I was playing this game one morning instead of doing anything constructive, and I thought it was pretty amusing, so I called Momo in to play it with me.  This is the photo that was on the screen at the time...


I explained the concept to Momo and he looked at the photo and then he looked at me.  He looked back at the photo and looked back at me.  He had a very confused look on his face.  He finally said, "You want me to tell you if Rabbi Shmuly is a Hasid or hipster?"  Oh... yeah.  We actually know that guy.  Come to think of it, the guy on the far side of the bench is also in Eighth Day.  (Here's a link to the "official" Lalili video.  Here's a link to the Mickey Mouse version.)

The New York mention doesn't really mean anything.  Chabadniks are constantly traveling everywhere, but especially to New York and Israel.

I tell my son, "Okay, okay... that was a bad example," and then we set off through the photos.  I quit playing with him after a few minutes when he said, "That guy is Chiam's brother."  It's no fun to play if you actually know the guys.  It's okay for me to play alone, because I never recognize anybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment