Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Squirrel Escalation

My son's arch nemesis, the squirrel, is dead.  Animal lovers take a deep breath... Momo did not kill the squirrel.  It was an act of nature that killed the little fur ball.  One of the 50' palm trees in our yard shed some debris and the squirrel was in the wrong place at the wrong time.  He ended his life being just more palm tree debris.  

You would think that the war would be over now that one of the main players is dead.  If you thought this, you probably hang out with much more sane people than I do.  Last night, as the boys were outside smoking and playing cards, Zach's car alarm went off for no reason.  Of course the conclusion they jumped to was that it was because of Ghost Squirrel.  The squirrel has entered the realm of myth now.  

I thought I would steal another squirrel graphic off the web to illustrate this story.  So I typed "squirrel ghost" into the computer (I couldn't bring myself to type in "dead squirrel"... I was afraid it would be too graphic for me).  Among the many many images listed (go ahead... try it yourself...) I found this:


In my mind this brings Ghost Squirrel to a whole new level.  One day my grandchildren will climb up on my knee and ask me if it's true that I saw Ghost Squirrel when he was still alive.  I wonder what I will tell them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment