Friday, March 1, 2013

In Like a Lamb

Neither my mother nor I were ever big fans of winter.  When we lived in colder climes, we would await the first of March with great anticipation.  The saying is, "In like a lion: out like a lamb," and vice versa.  We were always hopeful that it would come in like a lion, so we could get winter over with.  No one likes a big storm at the end of March.  It's better to get it out of the way at the beginning of the month.

However, now that the family is back in Southern California, I'm pleased to announce that it came in like a lamb.  It's a beautiful day, and even mom wouldn't have worried about it.  The lionish days of winter in Long Beach are totally do-able.


You can tell the people who dress by the calendar though.  It's sunny and 85 degrees outside and I saw people walking by in jackets, knit hats and boots.  I also saw a fair number of people dressed sensibly in shorts and T shirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment