Friday, May 18, 2012

They All Look Alike

My son is a teaching assistant at an Orthodox Jewish school.  When there is an event and he is unable to take me because he is working, our friend Zachary will usually step up and take me.  One evening when there was a dinner and the kids were preforming, Zach and I attended.  The kids are adorable and the food is great so it isn't too hard to talk him into going.

Because this is an Orthodox school, the men who are there are mostly dressed in suits and wearing black hats. The women wear long skirts and modestly keep their hair covered.  (Don't tell the French.)  The men mostly sport beards.  As the evening progressed, every time we passed a youngish man (meaning a man whose beard was still brown) Zach would lean over and say one of the following things:

"I think that's Dov."

"Is that Dov?"

"That guy looks just like Dov."

Dov wasn't actually there.  Despite being friends, Zach has no idea what Dov looks like.  Do NOT let Zach ever try to pick someone out of a police line up.  I don't know if it would translate to other people, but he obviously thinks all Black Hats look alike.  

No comments:

Post a Comment