Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Getting Some Ink Done

I was out in the garage doing laundry this morning when I heard a little girl calling, "Tattoos/Who wants tattoos?/Tattoos for sale."  So I quit what I was doing to go investigate.  Carefully hidden behind a parked car, I found "Anika and Ivy Tattoos", a makeshift tattoo parlor right across the street.  On closer inspection I discovered that I could get a pirate tattoo for only 50 cents.  This is what I chose:


Anika threw in the rose for free.  (I think it was too hard to cut around with the little kid's scissors she was using.)

I admit I went because I remembered when Hamad was little and wanted to open a margarita stand in the front yard.  After grandma explained liquor laws, he decided to open a natural history museum instead.  He worked very hard putting his best specimens in an attractive display.  Even though admission was only 50 cents, he didn't get any customers.  Being Hamad, that didn't really bother him, he was absorbed by the work.

So when six year olds in my very own neighborhood, open a tattoo parlor, it's time for me to bite the bullet and get some ink done.  Shiver Me Timbers!

No comments:

Post a Comment