Monday, July 23, 2012

Not Very Empty Nests

My son graciously has agreed to live here to help me take care of my dad.  If he wasn't here, I wouldn't be able to do it.  I have fibromyalgia, which makes it very painful to do things like lift my father.  Anyway, Momo is a strong young man and he very patiently helps us.  So do his many friends who come by the house.

There's a lot to be said in the press about adult children moving back home.  The articles assume that it is a terrible thing.  It depends on the people I suppose.  The ninja who lives here is about Momo's age and he moved in.  It's lonely living alone.  That and it becomes harder to find fresh baked goods in the kitchen the more that the house population decreases.

So yes, my adult son still lives at home.  He and someone else's adult son still live here.  I will be lucky in  my life if there is always someone who wants to live with me.  I would be very lonely on my own.

Then I started thinking about it and of my five siblings, three have adult children.  Those three all have adult children living at home.  Older than my son by a long shot.  I guess I can get over feeling defensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment