Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Why People Think I'm Crazy

(Well... one of the reasons.)

At Hanukkah I went into Best Buy to buy a voice recorder for my niece Katie.  When I walked in, a round young man asked me if he could help me find something.  Together we went on a quest for a voice recorder. As we were checking out the specs, he mentioned that he needed to get one too.  He told me that he's a ghost hunter.  Even though I don't know why people would want to go messing with people who are dead and have problems of their own, I told him that sounded nice.  I asked him where he usually went.  Then he confessed that he hadn't actually ever gone yet, but that he thought he'd be good at it.  Why not?  If you think you'd be good at something, you should give it a shot.  I found the recorder and then wandered off by myself to look at random stuff.

Right past the cash register there was another young man who was the exact roundness, brownness and wearing the exact outfit and haircut of the first guy.  I thought it was the first guy so I said, "You should try a bookstore."

He looked at me a little quizzically and then said, "Thank you."

Still being my idiot self, I then expounded, "They are almost always haunted."

At this, he looked at me like I was a total psycho, and I departed.  At the door I saw the first kid again and realized my mistake.  I did repeat my advice, but I didn't tell him that I told the other guy, because it seemed more fun that way.

People would probably think I was a lot more sane if I quit talking so much.  At this point in my life, it seems unlikely that that will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment