Monday, January 7, 2013

Moving In

It may seem odd, but after three years I'm finally moving in.  When we first moved in, it was with the idea that it would be temporary until my parents passed.  We moved into the house that met my mother's many specific requirements.  It's close to the beach, but not too close.  It's in a good neighborhood.  It is all on one  floor.  It has a deep bathtub.  I think you get the idea.  My stipulation was that it was within walking distance of a synagogue.

Mom's gone.  Dad is on hospice.  As we reviewed our options, we realized that we actually can stay here.

So now that I'm not looking at my space as temporary, I can settle in.  Katie has been here and been extra helpful in helping me get things done.  And we've been playing every day too, so I don't get behind on my New Year's resolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment