Friday, January 11, 2013

Rabbis and Cage Fighting

My father is dying.  He's ready, so I suppose he can go whenever he'd like at this point.  So there is a question about how long he will stay.

In the meantime, I have to figure out how to keep eating after he dies.  Of course, there is always the mooching option, but I feel like I am still a contributing member of society.  Unfortunately, since I'm quite erratically ill (I have fibromyalgia and it strikes when it will) I really can't do the kind of work that people typically do.  The ladies at the local bookstore have asked me to bring in my resume, but I know that I can't do work that involves moving books (they're heavy) and/or standing around a lot (I'll pass out).  My geek nephew, who has a record of gainfully employing me, thinks he can do that again.  Unfortunately, I know that geek work is high stress and I also know that with my FM that it will freaking take me down.

So, I have to figure out how to be useful enough to stay off the streets, while at the same time doing something that I like so it doesn't totally stress me out. Today's idea is running cage fights between Rabbis.  If you think your Rabbi can verbally take down my Rabbi, let's talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment