Sunday, June 10, 2012

The One Dollar What If Game

My mother and I played the Lottery together for  years.  For one dollar you can get a ticket to play the what if game.  A lot of people like to wait until the prize is up to a half a billion, but mom and I could see the possibilities for a measly 12 million.  I still like to play, and in a way it's still a game between me and mom.

So far if you take all of our winnings and average them out they equal about..... nothing.  We never win.  We always liked to say that we weren't worried because we were saving up our luck.  Mostly what we liked was planning how to spend these imaginary winnings.

Nobody was surprised when I came in and announced that I'd found the home that I want to buy if I win the lottery.  When I told them that it was a block from where we live now, the Ninja just shook his head.  He explained that I'm supposed to buy a house in Palos Verdes, overlooking the ocean.  But I like our neighborhood and I pointed out that we'd be closer to the synagogue.  At that point he gave up on my lack of imagination.  I guess he thinks that since we already only live two blocks away from the shul now, that I'm a hopeless case if I think that's a selling point.

No comments:

Post a Comment