Monday, June 25, 2012

Religion and Global Warming

There seems to be a disagreement between science and G-d in the minds of some people when it comes to global warming.  It appears that some people "dismiss" the idea of global warming on religious grounds and think that it is just a political issue.  I wonder if we could come up with a sentence that could reconcile religion and science (I think science is the part that they feel is over politicized) for these folks.  Here's my attempt:

We were poor stewards over our dominion of the earth and G-d is letting us know this through the observation of scientists, who are also blessed with ideas of how we can begin to repair the damage that we have done.

What do you think?  Think they would buy it?

1 comment:

  1. I for one am always grateful when we're given insights by the creator into the details of the working of earth and our stewardship. The way global warming and environmentalism in general got its lines drawn politically makes absolutely no sense to me. But then, I didn't live through the sixties and seventies and therefore don't automatically associate environmentalism with hippies and therefore with the hedonism and general lack of good stewardship they showed in other areas (:

    I believe a lot is expected of us; that taking care of itself isn't a foregone conclusion and is a dangerous assumption. I'm grateful that science allows us to see the workings of the creator with greater and greater precision and hopeful that we'll continue to be shown ways to do better.

    ReplyDelete